Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Winter is here!

It is June already and it only means one things- WINTER is here....boo.hoo...hoo. We escaped the onset of winter, basking in the warm sunshine in Perth. Hubby went there for a week-long of work and since we haven't been to Perth, we thought it would be good to tag along before the baby comes and traveling comes to a halt for me, at least for awhile.;-P

Well, I don't really hate winter because some of the most pleasurable things and beautiful sceneries are found in winter. There is the winter flower (I don't know the name but it looks like lotus on branches without leaves), the snow (if we travel further south), the trendy coats and beanies, the hot soups, the hot chocolate, the misty mornings, the smell of warm clothes fresh out from the dryer, nights of cuddling up in blanket in front of the tv and watching a good movie etc.

Having said that, winter started off with 2 week-long of non-stop rain here in Sydney. It is alright if it rains just during the night but I want some sunshine in the morning. But it rained whole day! The days seem gloomier when the sun isn't shining and there is this feeling of dampness all around. We have to stay cooped up in the house and when we did go out, we'll bring a trail of wet footprints and wet grass back into the house. Ashley missed outdoors so much, she started to ask me to put on her raincoat and gum boots for her so she can jump in the puddles. How can I deprive a sweet child? All I can do is to wrap her up nicely and let her feel the rain drops in her face. Children, they teach you the simple pleasures in life, don't they?

Perhaps I should view life through the eyes of my child. Rain or shine, life goes on and life should go on full and well. However, secretly I do sincerely hope that the rain will stop soon, even if it's just for a day .....hehehe.

No comments: