Thursday, June 18, 2009

Anticipation for a Lovely weekend

Ashley's godma Joanna is finally coming to visit us this weekend. She had been to Sydney a couple of times now but we always didn't get the chance to meet up. When she first came, I was back in Malaysia. The 2nd time she came, we were in Perth. She wanted to come earlier but financial constraints made it impossible. 2 months ago, she found herself a job and ta-da, she is coming this weekend!

I am absolutely thrilled to have her over for the weekend. It has been 1 year since we last met and we've got so much to share and catch up. We call each other every week and our phone conversations would last anywhere between 1 hour to 3 hours! (Luckily I am on a phone package that allows me to call to any local phone lines for FREE!) I am truly thankful to God for Joanna. We are so comfortable with each other that I can actually give her a list of things to get for Ashley without worrying that she will think me as taking advantage of her. I could tell her whatever that's in my heart and she will never put me down, in any way. She is gorgeous and yet I will never feel "intimidated" or lousy standing next to her. But most importantly, she is genuinely concern of and in love with Ashley.

We've got the plans lined up for the 3 days she will be here. Though it was forecast to be raining over the 3 days she is here, I really hope that we will be able to enjoy the wonderful plans together. Thank You Lord for great friend(s)!

No comments: