Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nigella Lawson in the making?


I love to cook. That was one of my passion since young. I love to prepare a good meal and see the looks of satisfaction on my "food guinea pigs". Lately I have been experimenting with a lot of Aussie food because they are pretty easy to prepare. All you need is a good casserole dish and oven. It is hearty during winter months too.

Today I tried my hands on lamb shank. I was never a fan of cooking lamb because I never know how to cook them nicely. I love a good lamb grill or lamb curry but my past attempts failed miserably and a good piece of lamb will end up in the waste bin. But having tried cooking apricot chicken, sausage bake, chicken casserole and getting raving reviews from my Asian friends, I got inspired enough to give lamb a go. Well, my hubby had it for dinner today and his comment was "this lamb shank tastes better than some of those I've eaten in hotels!" Hubby always orders lamb shank or steak whenever he is away for work trips because he knows that I hardly cook those type of food at home. I was so pleased with myself. Even my picky little baby eats the lamb shank! She is the true food critique because she only enjoys food that tastes good and smells nice without "bribery" or drama.

There are still a lot more Aussie recipes for me to try out in the future. I am thankful Bec is always there to encourage me to try out new recipes too. Perhaps when I am confident enough with my Aussie cooking, I will extend dinner invitations to my Aussie friends. Do I see the possibility of working in my little cafe one day? Who knows... ;-)

2 comments:

richrach said...

yo! cook for me ler... :p

sMoochies said...

I haven't got an oven back in Malaysia. You come over lah.