Sunday, July 19, 2009

I am in the swine flu statistic!

Last Friday hubby and I went to the doctor hoping to get tested for swine flu. We got the clear in the initial screening and all was well, or so I thought. By night time, I was down with fever. My temperature soared between 37.7 to 38 degrees. I tried to delay taking panadol since the temperature will be important for the doctor to diagnose me properly. By 2a.m., I was struggling so hard and I popped in one panadol and went to sleep.

Saturday morning came slow and dreary. I had to wait for almost 1 1/2 hour to see the doctor. I was feeling so sick and I must have looked really bad because I think I did scare away a few potential patients. I was dressed in my pajama and had a blanket wrapped around. When I am not in too much discomfort, I tried to keep my face mask on. This time round I was diagnosed to be a suspected swine flu victim. I was given Tamiflu tablets and panadol for the fever. It is hard to be sick when one is pregnant because one can't simply take any medication so the recovery process is a little longer than normal healthy people. I called up my obstetrician to be extra sure that the medication is alright for the baby. I truly praise God for a good obstetrician who always pick up my calls and ever so assuring.

The Tamiflu really works fast. I was feeling much better after a day and the fever seemed to have settled. I can't wait to get really well again because being this sick just doesn't suit me. I am of course quarantined for a week, so that is another big challenge for a "kaki jalan" like me. I want to thank the many people and friends who prayed and cared for me during this time of illness.

I thank God for Sylvia who prepared delicious and warm meals for us, Rebecca for her minestrone soup, friends and family who prayed and sent me get well wishes. A special thank you to my hubby for his love and care. I know I have been so difficult and demanding these past few days. Thank you for being patient and loving though I know you are tired and in need of a break yourself. I love you. A big hug to my little angel Ashley. You are mummy's best medicine. Thank you for being so understanding and behaving so well for daddy. Thank you for the kisses and flowers (though daddy forgot to pick them up for you). Mummy love you and will give you a big kiss once mummy is well ok? Finally a big thank you God, for Your healing power. Continue to protect the family and all my loved ones from this flu outbreak. Thank You for health. Amen.

1 comment:

richrach said...

Hey michi, thank God that u're getting better. God's grace is upon u and your family.

Praying for speedy recovery and good health upon each and every one of u. God bless, take care, rest well... so u can be "kaki jalan" once again!