Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Women and relationship.....

Lately, I have a girlfriend who entered into a wrong* relationship and ended up getting hurt badly. (*Spiritually incorrect) This is the 3rd girlfriend that I have "counseled", if I may use the word, just in this year alone. All my 3 girlfriends are gorgeous, confident, successful women in their late 20s. When they first met their respective ex-boyfriends, I have warned them of the outcome. Most of them have other friends and family members telling them the same things I did. Although I was flattered that they would ask for my opinion, I was terribly upset that their refused to listen. Their hearts were set to falling in love, with or without your "approval".

I remember how I struggled to be "happy" for them when they share their romantic stories with me. I know it wasn't right, yet I want to be part of their life since they are very close friends of mine. When I expressed my concerns, they always justified their actions and out of disappointment, I told them that when the day of "doom" arrive, I will throw the same words and warnings back to them because they took it upon themselves. Guess what, when those days arrived, I couldn't do what I wanted to do. Seeing their broken souls, all I can do is to cry with them and offer comforting words.

I was just thinking why my 3 friends are so desperate for love that they choose with their heart and not their mind. True, love is all about hearts and emotions. But certain things are obvious, aren't they? It gets me thinking about the taboo around women not getting married by 30, the things said about them. No wonder they are so pressured to hook up with any tom, dick and harry that comes along.

I sincerely feel for my friends and those women who are not married by the age 30. I pray that they will turn to God instead for security and importance. May we be more understanding and look at them as perfectly capable, confident, gorgeous women, and not as some weirdos.

No comments: