Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Traffic Jam.....in the suburb!

Driving in the suburb has always been pleasant over here in Australia. The roads are wide (the newer ones and this excludes the road to the city), the traffic is smooth, the scenery is beautiful- very green and of course, literally toll-less! I used to enjoy driving hubby to work (we've only got one car and Tex's office is quite near to our home), listening to Heart 103.2FM, a Christian radio station and chit-chatting with hubby.

However, when we got back from our CNY break this year, things changed drastically. There was a new marketplace currently being developed halfway through the road to Tex's office and it has caused massive jam. It usually takes us 20 minutes to get to his office but now it has taken 40 minutes. We tried to get to the office at different times to avoid getting caught in the traffic but it didn't work. If we leave early, we got stuck with the school traffic. If we leave later, we got stuck with the office goer's traffic. There is no win-win situation. So hubby has been arriving at the office later and later by the day. Praise God that his company is very flexible with the working hours so we don't get too stressed out if we are running really late.

I do hope that the construction will complete soon so that the road condition can go back to as before. Otherwise, I would really hope that I can have a car of my own soon. It is just too time consuming and tiring for me to get Ashley and I ready in the morning, drop Tex at office, rush back to playgroup/Bible Study/library story time/playdate/housework, etc. By the time we got home and have lunch, I hardly have time to rest before getting started on dinner preparation, play and bath Ashley and then another mad rush to pick Tex from work. Who says life as a stay home mum is easy?! I am ready for bed by 9pm, if not earlier on most weekdays.

I guess traffic jam follow the Malaysians wherever they go. Let's hope the government won't get Samy Vellu's toll booth idea and start charging the road users! That I think, would REALLY piss me off.

No comments: