Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blessed Mother's Day

Today is Mother's day. This year marked my 3rd Mother's Day celebration as the celebrant. I wanted to blog about my Mother's Day weekend, to remember all the beautiful memories given to me by my hubby and my precious daughter.

Since I was young, my dad always encouraged us to venture into new things. He said that experience in life is more important than material wealth. That explains why I enjoy and appreciate new experiences more than material gifts for any of my special day - birthday, Christmas, anniversary, Mother's day etc. My hubby knows that perfectly well and it kinda work out perfectly for him as well as he doesn't have to go through the headache of thinking up a gift to buy for me each time.

This Mother's Day celebration was a weekend-long affair for me. On Saturday, I was given 2 hours off to myself for pampering sessions. I had my hair cut, done a French spa-pedicure and fed myself on the latest fashion magazines. Pedicure and hair treatment are my 2 most favourite indulgences. Since I no longer have income, I have significantly reduce such luxuries. I felt so rejuvenated after the pampering sessions, that even though I got home to find a very hungry girl and that hubby forgot to cook the rice for lunch, it didn't upset me one bit. In the evening, my wonderful friend, Sylvia asked me over to her place. I told her a few days before that I have craving for chicken curry. So, she went through the trouble of cooking me some chicken curry with capati, wrapped the yummies in a hamper-like pack and gave me a mother's day card. I was deeply touched by her generosity and kindness. On Sunday, hubby took us to the city to experience the IMAX cinema. We were watching "Under the Sea-3D" and all I can say is that it was AWESOME! We had dim sum for lunch and hubby allowed me to eat whatever and however much I want. We were totally stuffed.

I did get somethings from hubby and Ashley though. This is the 1st time Ashley gave me a handwritten card (with some help from daddy). She is getting pretty good at her drawing now and she has got the wildest imagination. I shall keep the card forever.

Thank You Lord for mothers and also for the gift of motherhood. Bless all the mothers in the world. Amen.

No comments: