Thursday, May 14, 2009

Post Mother's Day drama - Chapter 2

Well, Tuesday morning started off well. I was so glad to see Ashley running around during playgroup and acting like her normal active self once more. Little did I know that there is more "drama" coming our way.

Hubby got back from work with bad gastric pain. He suspected that it might be food poisoning from his lunch or the funny-tasting water from his drink bottle. Poor man was so sick he didn't even touch his dinner. I wasn't feeling great myself, thinking that it might be another morning sickness spell and so I skipped my dinner too. Ashley was the only one who enjoyed and finished up her dinner. Good gal! Well, it turned out that my decision to skip dinner was a really bad one. By midnight, I was so hungry I could hear the gastric juice churning in my tummy. I know I should get out of bed and get myself something to eat but the chilly air and the comfort of my warm bed was too tempting. That was the 2nd bad decision I made. By morning, the hunger pangs resulted in gastric pain. I was having diarrhea and threw up everything I had for breakfast. Even though hubby was sick himself, instead of resting and concentrate on getting better (He took medical leave) he took care of me and Ashley. I stayed in bed most of the time and I felt much better by dinner time. I asked hubby later that night if he was really sick (he appeared to be ok), this was what he said:"I saw that you were so sick, I decided to get well sooner so I that can take care of you". That was a perfect score answer. What a great man I have got there eh?

The remedy for gastric/stomach upset is surprisingly different from what I was taught from before. The doctor's advise was to not eat solid food until the stomach feels better. Instead replace the meal with ORS. The stomach needs to take a break and it is actually good to let the system clear. Did it work? Yes! I was back to my normal self the next morning. Hubby still feel sore around his tummy but that was because he didn't get the rest he needed. Today, it is his turn for some much needed pampering.

1 comment:

richrach said...

"I saw that you were so sick, I decided to get well sooner so I that can take care of you"
waaa.... great words from a great guy! indeed! :)

how r u now? how is tex n ashley?
cannot skip any meals ya.... bb inside is hungry too. take care my dear.