Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My girl did "IT" today!

Since Ashley was 2 months old, we "trained" her to do her big business in the potty. Every morning after her morning feed, we would sit her in the potty and "stimulate" her to push (by saying ngk-ngk) and she did it without fail. By the way, we weren't kiasu parents, just very obedient new parents listening to advise from elders. Hehe. This continued on for 3 months until the time we came to Australia. It was winter then and it was too cold to have her naked butt exposed to the cold air. Diapers are fairly cheap here so this mummy here gave the training a break. It was not a very wise decision and Ashley had been refusing potty ever since.

When we got back to Australia after the CNY break this year, on and off I will show Ashley the potty and she will do all sorts of funny thing with it. For example, she'll put her toys into the potty, put it over her head like a hat, push it around like a pushchair etc. Kids.....funny. 2 days ago, Tex casually told Ashley that if she needs to do "IT", she should say "ng-ng" and we'll give her a potty. This morning, halfway through her cartoon, she shouted "ng-ng" really loud. I was wondering what she was shouting at and it took me awhile to realise that she wanted her potty. I ran into the bathroom, grabbed her potty and took off her diapers just in time for it.

I am so proud of my girl. Children are such amazement sometimes. They understand so much and yet they are so innocent too. I treated Ashley a chocolate croissant as her reward for being so good. My girl, my darling girl.

No comments: