Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 3 - Around the city....on FOOT!



Joanna had to work today. So Ashley is going to have a city tour with mummy....on foot (er, and stroller). Adelaide city is lovely to be explored on foot. It ain't too big and it ain't too busy. It reminds me of Malacca city as compared KL. Malacca is just nice. (Personal view aje ok, KLites, don't be offended). We started off with Central Market. It is a fresh food market which opens every other day during weekdays. I love to browse through the stalls because the colours of the vegetables and fruits are just so.....fresh! and cheap. Bought some Charlestown peanuts under Joanna's recommendation. Then we proceeded to Chinatown. The shops are very systematic and organised. One can find almost anything there. We had Korean hot soup lunch...yum.

Next stop, RUNDLE STREET MALLLLLLL!!!!!! I bought a pair of high heeled boots there (Joanna made me wear high heels because she thinks I am turning into a selekeh si lai). One of the attraction that I was very very interested in along Rundle Street is the underground opal mining cave. But I was so disappointed when it was actually a shop with 2 sides of the wall designed like a cave with a few opal stones engraved on it. Oh well, perhaps I expected too much from this "cave".

The day ended with a super yummy Chinese dinner (reminds us of Esquire Kitchen restaurant back home).

No comments: