Friday, September 4, 2009

I am missing those girlie nights.

This week in particular, I am missing my girlie nights very much. I remember those days before Ashley came into the picture, I would normally hang out with my girlfriends once or twice a week. We will have dinner together, window shop (always ended up buying something of course), exercised or jogged together, went for movies or just "lepak" in one of our houses and chat until late at night. It was so fun and refreshing because one gets to live out the "girlish-ness" though we were all full grown young adults and married.

I am not indicating that I regretted having Ashley or that she is a burden to me. It is just one of those honest desires I have at this particular time. I don't really have anyone to hang out with for girlie nights now. Perhaps because of my current phase of being a stay home mum to a young child, most of my friends are in similar stage. I understand that it is hard to leave one's child with someone else, or even missing out spending time with one's hubby, or there are still 1001 chores to get done. Living in the suburb and having all the shops closing at 6pm don't really help too. Of course the church organizes ladies' night out, tea parties, craft nights etc., but those aren't the girlie nights I was hoping for. The crazy and fun side of me is just waiting to come out!

I am a little frustrated and missing Malaysia (where I still have single and "happening" friends to hang out with) a teeny weeny bit right now. Hopefully, I will get some girlie pampering tomorrow and it might cure my "sickness". If not, I shall have to wait for a couple more years when my girl will be "old" enough to have a girlie outing with her "still hot" mamma!

1 comment:

richrach said...

phee-wit! hottie mama! ahem! perasan nya.... kakaka!