Friday, September 4, 2009

Ashley, in my footsteps

Last Saturday, 29th August 2008, Ashley woke up asking to get her ears pierced. This is the second attempt. Last December, I took her to Poh Kong in Seremban and had her ears pierced. She had been asking for earrings because she was always fascinated with the dangling earrings that I put on for church or outings. (I LOVE earrings and I collect them as my hobby). She was happy with her star shaped earrings but clever mummy here took them out for washing after 1 month. Since then she refused to let me put them back and needless to say, the piercing sealed back.

I thought of giving her some time before trying to get her ears pierced again. Next Chinese New Year was my target. But last Saturday, she just asked to get her ears pierced! Since she asked for it, I was only too happy to fulfill her request. She was all calm and steady when we reached the salon. She was swirling in her chair and picked her pink earrings all by herself. Then, the ladies took out the piercing guns. She started to well up but still didn't make a sound. I distracted her by asking her to tell me stories about her crocodiles. Btw, Ashley LOVES her crocodiles and she has an extensive collection of crocodile toys. Then "pop" and her ears were pierced. She cried out and was crying non-stop for a good 10 minutes. We tried to soothe her by bribing her with chocolate, and took her to "kedai 2 ringgit" to look for another toy crocodile. After 10 minutes, she stopped crying and told us that it doesn't hurt anymore and that she doesn't need another toy crocodile! So, I guess it must have been real tears and pain there for a good 10 minutes.

We did buy her more crocodile toys. She is very pleased with her earrings this round and she asked my mum to buy her a teddy bear shaped earring when I called home to tell them the "news". So, for Christmas, Ashley is getting herself a pair of pooh bear earrings from Poh Kong. She was so brave through the ordeal and so matured in her response to the whole thing. Once again, I am very proud of my baby who is turning into a little lady day by day.

1 comment:

richrach said...

ahdoi.. this gal is as vain as mummy! hahaha!

but so nice to hear that she has really grown and can even make decisions on her own. clever girl! Now u can "pun her leng leng" with nice n cute earrings too! chun la! :)